Dash again posted good numbers on the Competitive Basket Index. Another promising short term sign is that 87% of the top 31 cryptos were in the green on the 24 hour time frame. The CBI data is based on price changes over a 7 day time frame.submitted by solarguy2003 to dashpay [link] [comments]
^ Dash vs the 20 cryptos listed above us. Down a bit, but still above the moving avg. and well above the 50% win rate. Decision time.
^ Dash vs the 10 cryptos listed below us. We crushed the 10 Below club again. This chart actually looks bullish.
^ Dash vs the top 30 cryptos in the world. Still looks like an uptrend, but of course the whole crypto market can turn on a dime.
Red line is the % of the top 30 cryptos that were in the green on the 24 hour column on CoinPaprika.
Blue line is the % of the top 30 cryptos that were in the green on the 7 day column.
Looks like more of that predictable volatility. The 24 hour line zoomed up again, which is good. But, the 24 hour line does look like it is making a series of lower lows and lower highs. This is also reflected in the longer time frame blue line. Tune in tomorrow!
I'd like to take the time to reflect on the crazy year that was 2017 for cryptocurrency investors, and weigh in on what we've learned over the past year, while also making a few predictions for the future.
One year feels like a decade in crypto, and so many various forces finally cumulated together in 2017 that we had an explosion of activity that left me feeling both exhausted and exhilarated. We saw LTC go on Coinbase, we saw an ICO rush with new issues like Bancor raising 150mil in 3 hours, we saw the absurdity that is cryptokitties crushing the ETH network, we saw Bitcoin Cash and the shitshow surrounding that, we saw Segwit and the long awaited Bitcoin futures. I will always remember where I was at the moment I watched Bitcoin pass $10,000 on GDAX. I will never forget the sweat as I watched the Gemini Auction for my BTC and then waiting for the payment to settle. And I will never forget the flurry of questions, advice seeking and inquiries from people in December as the media spotlight made cryptocurrencies a mainstream concern. We've come a long way, from the days of being considered oddball technogeeks to now being the vanguard of early adopters.
Some major trends in 2017 and lessons learned
- The Mainstreaming of Cryptocurrencies: This was the year that the "normies" entered crypto in astounding numbers, especially later in the year and cumulating in December. From Ice Tea companies to my hairdresser, everyone wanted to be involved in crypto. New naive money will continue to pump into the market this year, and its important we welcome them while also keeping their expectations grounded in reality. Encouraging new investors with stories of how they can double their investment in a week is not a sustainable method of keeping them interested in crypto.
- ICO Craze: For many 2017 was the year that the ICO. People made a ton of money by getting into ICOs early before a coin became hyped by the marketing efforts. Sites like ICOBench sprung up and provided people an easy way to find new ICOs to invest in, and those who got in could get a handsome profit by buying the coins for pennies then selling them for dimes a few months later at an exchange, with many ICOs offering pre-sale discounts for early registrations. I suspect that this trend will actually die out in 2018 as there seem to be way too many coins coming out now and they won't all be able to pump, we're already seeing ICOs recently getting dumped hard the moment they start trading on an exchange.
- The rapid development of altcoin investment: At the beginning of the year the marketcap for altcoins as just $2 billion. By the end of 2017 it grew to over $370 billion. This was the year that investing in cryptos became about more than just Bitcoin. We saw an explosion of new promising altcoins, Binance launched in July, LTC was added to Coinbase and Ethereum really came into its own as a dominant force. I suspect that this focus on altcoins will continue as its now easier than ever to research and obtain them.
- Resilience in the face of regulation: China banned initial coin offerings and bitcoin exchanges in the first weeks of September. The ban caused a precipitous drop in cryptocurrency flows worldwide and invoked panic within me, with Bitcoin going down to almost $3K. However we recovered surprisingly quick. This is why I wasn't too concerned with the recent news that Korea may crack down on exchanges. Cryptocurrencies are decentralized and distributed, and while government actions certainly can hurt the price in the short term, I think any attempts at increased crackdowns will result in a recovery within a few months. Crypto seems to be a lot more resilient than most people realize to laws trying to destroy it, so don't freak out when you hear a story about increased regulation in the Far East.
- Institutional money coming in: We saw the speculation of an ETF not come to fruition, but in December the CME Group and CBOE started trading futures on Bitcoin. The lead up to this event and the subsequent decline and relative stabilization of Bitcoin will lead to a cascade of effects. We now have a genuine price discovery mechanism that will put downward pressure on BTC with its futures contracts. McAfees predictions of a million dollar BTC are not going to come to fruition now that you can short it.
- Chase for the "next bitcoin": Lambo psychosis dominated and continued into the new year with nearly every coin in the top 100 showing a steep parabolic rise. This is actually something a lot of long term investors find deeply troubling, because now people are hungry for crazy x10 gains within a month and that is simply unsustainable.
Some predictions for the year 2018Decline for Bitcoin
I have a long-standing emotional connection to Bitcoin and really do want it to succeed. But by now even the early adopters have come to accept how far away we are from the original vision of the currency. We are now seeing a decrease in adoption among ecommerce sites, which a sad state of affairs. I'm not so confident that Lighning will be enough at this point. Lightning likely wont be here for at least another 1-2 years and the problem will be user adoption. Segwit gave users a 40% discount on fees, and was a relatively simple upgrade, yet its 2018 and only 8% of transactions come from Segwit addresses. LN is way more difficult to implement, so don't expect it to be useful for at least a year after release. Core developers should have followed through with the New York Agreement and increased the blocksize to 2 MB. It's actually much more practical to scale BTC through miners than users, as most miners abide by the rules of a small set of mining pools and use the same software. Segwit2X was doomed to failure but it had 90% support among miners before the campaign against it started, and even after it had over 70% miner support. I think 70% miner support before a fork is vastly better for initiating a change than 8% user support.
Core team really needs to wake up right away and realize that the continual declines in market dominance are a reflection of Bitcoins failure to find utility, and that the first movers advantage and name brand will not last forever. Unless it solves the problem of insane transaction fees, ballooned mempool size, long transaction times and most of the accounts not even being able to afford to move the balance out I don't see BTC doing anything but declining in market dominance.
Ethereum will become an even more dominant force
I can see the long awaited flipening come in 2018. Ethereum already processes way more transactions than anything else, it already is basically THE platform for new coins and powers so much of the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem. The Constantinople fork and Casper Proof-of-Stake changes should take care of the TPS limitations for the next few years, and I expect to see an explosion of dApps in 2018. Ethereum has tons of developer support behind it and POS means people will want to hold it for the long term. Its already become my #1 core/safe-haven position and I think a 3-5K range in 2018 is completely reasonable.
The emergence of transactable business-oriented blockchains
The last few years were about theory and technological innovation, but I think 2018 will be the year that cryptocurrencies finally start to demonstrate value in solving business problems.
Ultimately a cryptocurrency is pointless if it doesn't solve some transactional problem or alleviate some inefficiency in the value-exchange process. There are several sectors/cases for business users that are ripe for blockchain technology: supply chain, settlement layers between intercurrency transactions, payment processing, offloading processing tasks onto blockchains, identity management...etc.
I expect that transactable coins that actually have functionality will be the big winners. ICX, WTC, VEN, NEO, XLM and others that target enterprise-oriented use cases will likely be the focus over the next year.
The rise of a DAG coin as a standard for transfers between exchanges, most likely Raiblocks (XRB)
Lets be perfectly honest: Right now the vast majority of transactions being conducted on the blockchain is simply moving cryptos around various exchanges. Its quite a nerve-wracking process, watching thousands of dollars sitting unconfirmed on the blockchain explorer for hours is not a pleasant experience. If you move your balances a lot you will end up losing substantial money to transfer fees. This is why I can see a light fast DAG becoming a standard for inter-exchange transfers of funds, specifically XRB after it gets listed on Binance. Being a DAG the process of onboarding isn't as simple as just adding another ERC20 coin, but once the Raiblocks team figures this out on Binance I suspect that adoption will follow quickly to other exchanges. The quick transactions speed and no cost will make it the ideal coin to exploit arbitrage between less liquid and more liquid markets.
The rise of "dividend" coins"
The next year should be one where the stretched valuations are questioned, and those coins that pay out a form of dividend and can thus be easily valued will become a safe harbor. NEO, EOS, ARK, VEN,OMG among others should gain favor. We actually saw NEO do particularly well in this recent downturn. I expect to see a lot more also following this dividend payment model.
**The move away ...
I had to comment on this post because it seems like no one in the 'crypto' world actually recognizes the amount of money (FIAT) that goes into creating a business of a grow/co-op.While I can appreciate your need to speak for "everyone" you do not speak for me. I have and currently do represent a number of Arizona dispensaries in the much needed, reputation management area. I know PRECISELY what goes into a dispensary and grow operation as far as initial capital, fees, build-out, final inspections, advertising, investing in the grow or coop. And then monthly maintenance, building costs, labor, etc, etc. It's a business, we get it. Further, one of my better clients... I know how much he makes per year after costs. And as a non-profit, it has to be given away. If you can give it away and create an economy at the same time...?
Everyone is in a disillusioned world of crypto that doesn't even exist yet.Once again... speaking for everyone, thanks. YOU are the one that exists in a world where crypto doesn't exist. We are in a different world. Most of us had smartphones while everyone was sporting RAZRs. We had a web presence before many fortune 500 companies. We... are your future. You want national adoption... adopt us first.
I am going to list some of my expenses that I can't pay for with POTcoin:Yay
Solar. There are, good, electronics stores that take BTC for solar. Cause ya'know, hippies. Don't say it can't be done. It's past-tense.
I really don't have time to list why this is not worth listing.
- Internet * Phone
Everyone in the United States pays rent or mortgage.
Right, here is an industry that needs crypto too.
Have you asked? Have you said, hey... wanna get paid in this untraceable currency? You know, the one you don't have to report getting?
See, previous. Maybe you haven't heard? FedSEC says, Crypto no bueno currency, Crypto = Property. Dispensaries here are non-profit. Donate your property (Pot), we donate our property (POT) and no income is triggered, because POT is based on Pot. Parity trade. NO taxes!
Dude... if you ACCEPT crypto... you won't spend another dollar on advertising for at least a year. I promise. Everyone HERE promises. Not another dime on advertising. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
- Advertising (ads, business cards, flyers)
I'll just pretend you didn't list this. If you're hurting so bad for these items, you either need to have a talk with that staff of yours, change habits, or change systems. If it is a matter of state requirements. Don't list it.
- Office Supplies (pens and paper to computers and printers/ink to office chairs and furniture)
So, you can't find some undocumenteds that want bueno crypto? Really? Tell them, UNTRACEABLE... CAN SEND ACROSS ANY BORDER AT 1% OR LESS!
- Maintenance & Cleaning (from paying people to clean to the supplies they use)
See solar. Hippies. Many accept BTC.
- Fertilizers and growing supplies
Find a lawyer that takes crypto, they exist.
- Legal Fees
How do you expect me to forget the fiat game?Don't want you to. We want you to accept it on par with fiat. That's the idea. YOU are creating the economy.
Even if I only accepted POTcoin,Surely don't want you to do that. Plus if you are a legit place you have AARP customers that probably aren't privy to crypto. They will cover the rent.
I'd have to exchange to FIAT to pay my bills because AT&T is never going to take PotCoin as payment...That's actually a direction I am moving toward... servicing customers like you that have crypto and want to interact with the non-crypto world. You add me to your utilities and bills, and I am like the online bill pay for altcoin.
and the only way to not get screwed by any crazy jumps in the market are to do it instantly at the point of transaction for every purchase... even waiting a day could lose me 20% on days like today.Once again, that's where my company will fill a need. I'm actually very well trained in high speed trading and forex coding in MT4. This, is rather simple, comparatively.
Please I would love to hear any real options and this isn't an attack on the posters or people in this community, just a very real down to earth and inquisitive request.Please... take a chance...
The price of your coin went from 1POT = $0.01USD to 1POT = $0.0055USD <~ pretty much a 50% drop in price in the past 3 days. HOW ARE YOU NOT ALL UPSET BY THIS! Even as the price per BTC of POTcoin goes up, you are losing value because you are tied to BTC.tl;dr
0.125 - 0.420 for 1/8th of Medical Grade bottom shelf California state averageCalifornia chosen due to per capita and population.
The Rainbow Chart is not investment advice! Past performance is not an indication of future results. The Rainbow Chart is meant to be be a fun way of looking at long term price movements, disregarding the daily volatility "noise". The color bands follow a logarithmic regression (introduced by Bitcoi Top cryptocurrency prices and charts, listed by market capitalization. Free access to current and historic data for Bitcoin and thousands of altcoins. DIME-Kurs ist um -10.8% gefallen in den letzten 24 Stunden. Es gibt derzeit eine Gesamtanzahl von 560 Milliarden Kryptowährungen und eine maximale Anzahl von 539 Milliarden Kryptowährungen. Es gibt derzeit eine Gesamtanzahl von 560 Milliarden Kryptowährungen und eine maximale Anzahl von 539 Milliarden Kryptowährungen. Der Bitcoin - Euro Chart zeigt die Entwicklung des Bitcoin - Euro in grafischer Form und erlaubt somit einen schnellen Überblick über Kursverlauf, Höchst- und Tiefststände. Bitcoincharts is the world's leading provider for financial and technical data related to the Bitcoin network. It provides news, markets, price charts and more.
[index]          
Der Bitcoin-Preis hat im Jahr 2018 über 84% an wert verloren. Damit befindet sich der Kurs tief in einem Bärenmarkt. Bei solchen Kursrückgängen muss man die Frage stellen, ob Bitcoin ... BITCOIN CHART LIVESTREAM - Wird die 7100$ Marke halten?! Youtube Alternativen wie DTube im Talk - Duration: 1:31:36. Finanzielle Freiheit dank Kryptowährungen 1,053 views DANGEROUS!!! THIS BITCOIN CHART SHOWS ALL TIME HIGH DIRECTLY BEFORE THE HALVING!!!! Thank you Exmo for sponsoring the Channel: https://bit.ly/2XtmbEd 🔥 Bybit... Dieser WAHNINNS Bitcoin Chart zeigt EXAKT wann die ALTCOIN SAISON starten wird und wann die Bitcoin Saison aufhört!!! 🛑 _*3 COMMAS GRATIS TESTACCOUNT!*_ http... Bitcoin BTC Ripple XRP Crypto Push in Japan, SBI Ripple Asia, Update FSA, Coinbase, Coding for Free - Duration: 24:52. crypto Eri 1,552 views